Production Equipment Operator (Front End)
- May 22, 2019
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Production Equipment Operator (Front End)Alvarado, TX
- This position is responsible for the movement of raw, in-process, and finished materials during production of products.
- Assists machine operators, welders, and other personnel in loading/unloading, transporting raw, in-process, and finished materials throughout the facility.
- Must be able to accurately identify raw material needed to supply to production.
- Uses heavy equipment such as cranes or magnets to move various sizes of steel plates and poles.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing parts.
- Communicates with multiple departments regarding hardware status
- Moves in-process and finished poles to appropriate area in yard.
- Performs safety routine inspections prior to operating equipment.
- Abides by all Safety Standards and Policies including use of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
- At least one year of forklift driving and/or crane/heavy equipment experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read blueprints required
- Basic Math skills required
- Experience with Hardware Coordination preferred
- Experience with MS Office such as Word and Excel
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and attention to detail are important.
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions in work flow and constantly changing priorities.
- Must possess clear and articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work with minimum supervision and with all levels of employees, supervisors and managers.
- Must have good computer skills for record keeping and reporting.
- Conscientious attention to and inspection of detail required.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Proven ability to operate forklift.
- Must be able to obtain STS Crane/Forklift Certification
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred
- Monday - Saturday, 7 pm - 5 am, Overtime and Weekends as needed (Nights)
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
Sabre is an Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.